Do you use Facebook to promote your business?
In a study done by Pew Research last December, 2013, they found out that Facebook is leading the bandwagon in social networking site usage with 71% of online adults using it regularly. LinkedIn comes second, followed by Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram. Everyone, absolutely everyone, seems to be using Facebook now. According to Facebook’s own statistics, users spend more than 700 billion minutes monthly. Wow!
Facebook is now more than just status updates, pictures and games. With 1.19 billion users, Facebook can help your business grow. It has become a very significant tool for brands and businesses. If you want to get ahead, it is important to have a strong presence In Facebook. Whether your business or brand is just starting out or already fully established, it is important to explore ways on how Facebook can further your progress. The potential marketing opportunity on Facebook is tremendous and many businesses have taken advantage of this. So why not you?
Launching a marketing campaign can be overwhelming. Remember that it doesn’t have to be a timely or expensive process. There are several, small and simple things you can do for your brand on Facebook. In fact, some of these marketing tactics have been used by the biggest brands in the world.
Here are tips on how you can maximize the use of Facebook for your business:
- Create a Facebook Page. Make it discoverable and easy to find. Remember, your page is an extension of your business. So if you are going to do it, then do it well. Create a custom tab where you can link various content from your business or brand such as products offerings and services. This gives your page a better sense of your business’ identity, personality and character.
- Be the spokesperson of your business. Aside from promos, photos and events, think of interesting content that your clients will find interesting.
- Build your audience by encouraging local customers and supporters to like your page. It's a great way to share updates and connect with clients. Give your followers an incentive to visit your business by providing them with promos or discounts.
- Geotarget posts by setting your location. Allow users to get connected by letting them “check in”. This increases the visibility of your business all throughout Facebook. Support from business contacts also adds credibility to your business.
- Create ads. This is a wise, cost-effective solution that can help increase your brand's visibility throughout Facebook. Most people don’t realize how easy it is to set up an ad or that you can get started even with a budget of as low as $30 per month. You can set your campaign budget, and test as many ad images as you like. And if you decide that your ad campaign is just not working, you can simply stop the campaign immediately. Thus lowering your risk of overspending on your campaign.
You can create ads to boost post or increase page post engagement, or you can get ads to increase page likes. You can also generate ads to encourage people to visit your website. Ads are also useful in endorsing events, or promoting offers you have created.
- Learn to use Facebook analytics. This will give you a better understanding of your followers and your marketing activities. Analyze what is working well so you can maximize its potential. You can check which content is of most interest, when is the most effective day of the week to post content, and when is there lots of activity. And then adjust your Fan Page activities accordingly.